After 10 days of Nexus 6… And it already falling out of my pocket when I got out of the car (it survived, but it’s scratched on the sides)…
All I can say is: I WANT MY NEXUS 5 BAAAAAAAAACK.
So when N5 2015 is released, I’ll have a Nexus 6 for sale!
Why did I switch?
- GPS fucked
- Battery fucked (recharging 2-3x per day)
Comments about the Nexus 6 plus sides:
- big display & resolution is fun,
- it is smooth & fast,
- it does last the day,
- The OLED display light up is really fun (e-ink style), but I wonder how many battery it actually drains and it’s usually too short to actually check what notification came in
- I can’t type with one hand
- I almost dropped my phone a bazillion times attempting to type with one hand … My right thumb doesn’t reach letter A/Q buttons
- The back is curved, it’s thus impossible to put the phone down on a table, and for example pulling down the notification list with only one hand (the phone starts spinning and moving)
- The latex-ish build of the Nexus 5 was really really really cool. The N6 is regular hard plastic.
Holding my N5 now feels kinda cute-sy and small.