Due to continuous Access errors, I decided to reinstall Office Professional 2010 (64 bit).
As I couldn’t find the original CD key I installed it with, I used another one from another installation. So far so good, installation went fine, etc.
Once I started any Office app, it popped up this error: “Microsoft Office professional plus 2010 cannot verify the license. blablabla useless crap check control panel”
- Reenter CD key (via setup)
- Repair Office
- Install every single item I could select during the install
- Remove office + reinstall office
- Removed CD key with this
- Reboot over a zillion times
None of this worked.
However, this seems to fix it for me:
- Open command
- cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14
- cscript ospp.vbs /act
- reopen any Office. No more errors. Yay
Word (or Office in general) refusing to get proofing tools to work (spelling checker doesn’t work, spawns these odd errors, won’t find any spelling mistakes, etc).
Lots of Googling and running Microsoft “fixit” applications didn’t do much.
Simple fix: run setup of the proofing tools again, and select repair, reboot, and all should be good.